Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Traveling on

I am excited to announce that I have accepted a job with Fatkat Animation in New Brunswick.
I am not so excited to be leaving my dearest Friends that I have been lucky enough to have made in my 20 some years of being in the Ottawa area.
20 years.... Wow. When I first moved here with my wife we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. All we knew was that we didn't want to be where we were. Her sister lived in Ottawa and let us stay with her untill we found jobs and got on our feet. That was when I first found my love for animation.
Crawley films hired me as an opaquer ( painting in the colour of characters frame by frame on clear acetate ).
From that first job til now I have gone through a lot of ups and downs but have always loved the work.
The friends that I have made here are ones that will last the rest of my life. Distance will not change that.
There are only a couple that I won't miss. I doubt they know who they are and if they did I wouldn't care. For the vast majority of the rest, the interweb makes the world a smaller place.
This time we move with a job, three kids and a house full of stuff. Somehow it feels a little more stressfull than moving with no money, no job or any idea what you are going to do when you get there. I wonder if that is age.
All I know for sure is that it is something we all want to do as a family. Who knows what will happen next?
As Bilbo would say,
" It's a dangerous business, going out your door. If you don't take to the road, and you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. "

2 comments:

Suzanne Marsden said...

I am so excited for your new adventure... and the words can't express how much I will miss you, Bobbie and the kids. We have had our lives enriched by you, shared all those events that mark the important milestones, have been silly, crazy, serious..
I am as usual split straight down the middle on it :-) The one thing that I know for sure is my honest wish for your safety, happiness, fulfillment and that your road will go ever on and on...
xx-oo
Suzanne.

Troy Little said...

Good luck with the move Rob, I hope all goes smoothly and you love the new work.

There's an open door for you anytime you find yourself in PEI old friend!

Troy