Monday, June 21, 2010

Post Jalloo

That was a fun week.
I tried to post while the conference was going on but realized quite quickly that I didn't even have enough time to sleep.

Some highlights for me was going to the State of the game industry panel. Listening to knowledgeable folks talking about Flash games in particular was great!
I was also asked by Canadian Animation Resources ( Mike Valiquette )to jump in on the panel about animation in Canada. It was a well received panel!

The Wednesday night party was fun as always with a huge lobster feed. I didn't eat as many this year as last but had a good feed regardless.

I was involved in a 24 hour game jam where I was able to help create a flash game with Gene Fowler, Andy Moore and Steph Arseneaul. The four of us had a great time! We put up the game on Flash Game License to see if someone would buy it.  I will let you know if it happens!

This was only the third year for the festival. I love being in on the start of little things like this. Every year they find excellent speakers and bring it up a notch with content from across the country. I expect that this will become a major event in the next couple of years. There really isn't anything else like it in the Atlantic Provinces and it is a well put together show.

I am inspired to do great things this week!

No comments: