Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Well heck!!



Life is full of surprises....
I applied for a position at Lucasfilm animation in Singapore last week. More out of forlorn hope than anything else. I mean who wouldn't want to work for this guy? I saw Star Wars when I was 11 and I think that film more than any other drove me towards where I am today.
Lately I have been looking back on my so called career and wondering why I'm still doing it. I have spent my adult life going from one incredibly difficult contract to another. I've always been paid well but never really felt that the projects that I have worked on had any meaning for me other than the money. That's the glum side of me getting through......
On the other hand I have worked with some very special people. Many of whom have become dear friends and dare I say a band of brothers-sisters?
anyway I got an email last night requesting an interview for the job I had applied for in Singapore. Now I'm crapping very large bricks.
This is the company I have wanted to work for since I was 11 but do I really want to take my family and I to Singapore? I honestly never thought they would even look at my CV!
I guess we'll see how the interview goes and decide then.
Here is a quote from Buddha: "Fools wait for a lucky day but every day is a luck day for an industrious man"

2 comments:

Candace Steeves said...

Holy Cow!!! That is so cool Robbie!!! I can't believe it. No matter what you choose to do or what happens, it's so cool that they want to interview you!! wow, congrats!

michael valiquette said...

Hey Rob!
Go for it. I considered applying too, but it would raise more issues than I'm willing to get into. If you can open the door for your kids to a bigger world, you owe it to them to do it. Good luck.
Mike V